The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3T2346BHFZ0XKVZMMD
Categories: Healthcare - Behavioral/Mental Health, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Facility: TALBOT HALL
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position maintains an orderly environment within the assigned unit or area of the facility and performs standard operating procedures in accordance with facility policies and procedures as required by Company and client contractual requirements. The operations counselor follows daily schedules and conducts him/herself in an exemplary manner at all times.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all resident movement within the assigned unit/area.
- Reports resident accidents or injuries to supervisor.
- Provides orientation to new residents and discharges residents.
- Performs scheduled resident headcounts and completes written count reports.
- Conducts daily inspections and searches of resident sleeping quarters and body searches.
- Monitors eye drug testing.
- Reports all resident behavioral problem incidents in writing to supervisor and conducts appropriate crisis intervention.
- Collects urine samples for random and routine substance abuse screenings of residents as required.
- Transports residents by company vehicle to out-of-facility appointments.
- Remains at assigned security check point and monitors security cameras to maintain safe and secure orderly environment for residents during the daily scheduled activities.
- Enforces the facility rules of conduct with the residents.
- Supervises resident visitation.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; one year experience in substance abuse treatment; undergraduate degree in Education or Human Services may be substituted for experience preferred. Serves as a model for resident behavior; good interpersonal skills. Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in the field of Psychology, Criminal Justice, Counseling, Social Work, or related field(s) and/or a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC). Master’s preferred.
- Knowledge of the field of addictions or mental health counseling preferred.
- Required skills include: time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime as requested.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!