The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Food Services
- Regular Part-Time
Provide daily meal preparation, planning, and service for facility. Ensure a safe and clean operational environment in the Kitchen.
- Prepare and serve meals at assigned times
- Prepare and serve meals in accordance with ServSafe standards
- Taste all prepared items to ensure proper ingredients were used
- Assist with meal service
- Ensure sack lunches are prepared and ready for clients leaving the facility
- Prepare late plates for clients
- Ensure that deliveries are properly checked in and stored (check and verify shipments against invoice/packing slips and check for damaged product)
- Ensure the Kitchen and kitchen equipment is clean and in proper condition for next service (including trash removed, floors swept and mopped, worktables properly clean and sanitized, stoves and ovens clean, sinks clean, etc.)
- Wear appropriate attire and equipment for safe food handling at all times
- Hair net
- Clean uniform
- Closed toed, non-skid shoes
- Cross train to place orders and set weekly menus
- Participate in food donation and pantry program as directed
- Maintain a professional relationship with clients at all times
- Demonstrate respect and equality
- Communicate appropriately to leadership and notify Food Service Manager of needs
- Attend monthly in-service meetings
- Attend staff meetings
- Assist other departments as needed or directed
- Maintain attendance in accordance with facility guidelines
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate teamwork
- Perform other duties as assigned by Food Service Manager, Business Services Director and/or Designee
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Background Checks: Must pass a CPS History Check, Local Law Enforcement Background check and The Salvation Army’s background check. Findings may disqualify an individual for this position.
Experience: Kitchen experience preferred
Certifications: Must have a valid driver’s license within 6 months of hire and maintain The Salvation Army Driver’s qualification standard. You may be asked to obtain a Chauffeur’s license. ServSafe Certification required within 6 months.
Skills/Abilities: Must demonstrate knowledge and competency in using industrial and typical Kitchen equipment and supplies (i.e. dishwashing machine, garbage disposal, 3-compartment sink, mop, bucket, broom, dust pan, trash bags, cleaning supplies, towels, apron, hair net, gloves, etc.)
Ability to speak, write and understand English in a manner sufficient for effective communication with leadership and field personnel.
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervise Kitchen Assistant in delegation of approved tasks
Supervise and direct non-employees (i.e. Community Service and Consumers) working in the Kitchen