Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Emergency Department - Mount Carmel East
at Trinity Healthcare
Department:OH1MH_60500_001 Patient Care Svcs Admin Mce
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we challenge our leaders and managers to live our values and lead with strength. Only through their commitment to our colleagues will we continue to advance our mission. Our commitment to you: collaborative leaders and opportunities for professional development.
Job Description Details:
The Director, Emergency Department, will be overseeing and leading the direction of our new Comprehensive Level II Trauma Center. The flagship hospital and tertiary referral center for Mount Carmel Health System, Mount Carmel East, is in the midst of an exciting period of growth—our ongoing modernization project will result in an all-private, 381-bed campus optimized to provide the healthcare of tomorrow while reflecting our commitment to people-centered care in everything we do. With our new, 5-story tower that opened in June 2018, go-live of level II trauma care in August 2018, and a comprehensive stroke program, we will bring comfort, confidence and advanced care to Columbus' east side communities for generations to come.
- Collaborates with all disciplines on the healthcare team and within the Organization, including a strong partnership with senior leadership, to develop goals and objectives, performance targets, and business and strategic plans as appropriate for designated areas.
- Develop new programs in response to identified community, organizational and/or patient needs.
- Develop and support nursing services leadership acting as servant leader.
- Guide strategy and implementation plan for positive patient experience and colleague engagement.
- Operationalize organizational initiatives and present to front line.
- Provide strategic succession planning throughout the department
- Ensure efficient operation within productivity measures while staying current with changing dynamics.
- Align with other system leadership to develop strong working relationships.
- Education: Master's degree prepared in Nursing, Healthcare, Business, or other related field required. *If applicant's Master's degree is not in nursing, they must possess a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Licensure/Certification: Current licensure as Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio required.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years Director level experience in Level II or Level III Trauma Center required.
- Prior Director and change management experience required; Lean or Six Sigma Operational methodology experience preferred.
- Prior experience in Magnet Facility a preferred.
- Effective Communication Skills.
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll lead a designated group of talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. It serves people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with 93 hospitals, and 120 continuing care locations — including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities - that provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians. Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, we are known for our focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, Trinity Health is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs.