Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Case Manager - Mount Carmel Grove City
at Trinity Healthcare
Department:OH1MH_62500_002 Social Services Mcw
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Our professional nurses are truly the heart and soul of Mount Carmel. It is their resilience, humility and determination that drive positive patient outcomes. To support you, Mount Carmel provides continuous opportunities for personal balance, professional opportunity and clinical growth. Our culture of shared governance and collaboration creates an environment that puts the focus on what’s truly important – our patients and the communities we serve.
Job Description Details:
Our RN Case Manager in collaboration with other internal and external disciplines directs and coordinates the care of patients from admission to transfer or discharge. This is done with the intentions of cost effective utilization of hospital resources, minimizing out of pocket expenses for patients, providing customer support to our internal and external customers, appropriate utilization of resources and patient advocacy.
- Identifies discharge needs, determines the appropriate level of care that the patient can transition to, coordinates planning, and problem solves continuity issues to ensure seamless continuum of patient care and prevent the patient from having to readmit to the hospital.
- Assures all appropriate clinical information is provided to outside agencies. Communicates pertinent information to the appropriate members of the patient care team both effectively and professionally. Takes responsibility to identify and eliminate barriers to effective patient stay management and promotes improvements in work processes within department, hospital, and community.
- Responsible/accountable for professional development and maintaining licensure. Takes ownership for self-education. Advocates for patient legal, social, and ethical rights while balancing patient resources and hospital financial stewardship. Refers quality issues and poor utilization of services to the appropriate sources. Coordinates/facilitates patient/family education
- Associates degree from an accredited RN program
- Current license to practice as registered nurse in the State of Ohio
- Minimum of 3-5 years recent clinical experience in an acute care setting.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. It serves people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with 93 hospitals, and 120 continuing care locations — including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities - that provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians. Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, we are known for our focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, Trinity Health is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs.