Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN, Nurse Navigator - Ortho
at Trinity Healthcare
Department:OH1MH_62510_001 Ortho Nurse Navigators Mce
Expected Weekly Hours:20
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Ortho Nurse Navigator - Part-Time Days
The Nurse Navigator assists in creating a seamless flow through the health care system for the orthopedic surgical patient. Provides one-on-one case management guidance and coordination of services and follows the patient through the care continuum. Collaborates with other, both internal and external to the organization to achieve timely, cost effective utilization of resources while supporting
- Graduate from school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Minimum 2 years of clinical nursing experience with 1 year experience in
utilization review, discharge planning, case management, disease management or medical social work experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, summarize and concisely report medical utilization, and medical chart audit results.
- Coordinates with case management and social services resources to assure development and documentation of a treatment plan for patients.
- Collaborative patient care including rounding, equipment needs and discharge planning with communication among all appropriate colleagues.
- Completes an initial assessment of the patient within 24 hours of admission, including medical history, medications, symptoms, degree of support from family & friends, and current treatment prescribed by the patient’s physician.
- Consults with patient to set negotiated goals for discharge and discharge needs.
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day . Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. It serves people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with 93 hospitals, and 120 continuing care locations — including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities - that provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians. Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, we are known for our focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, Trinity Health is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs.