Tropicana Entertainment Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cavanaugh's Fine Dining Cook III
at Tropicana Entertainment Inc.
STARTING WAGE: $10.75 PER HOUR
SUMMARY: To prepare all hot and cold food items for service in the food and beverage outlets ensuring that all are prepared according to Tropicana standards and specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans, cuts, and grinds meats, poultry, and seafood
- Dips food items in crumbs, flour, and batter to bread them
- Stirs and strains soups and sauces, grill, sauté, and expedite as well as possess good knife skills
- Basic understanding of one or more kitchen work stations
- Weighs and measures designated ingredients
- Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator
- Stores foods in designated areas
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils, segregates and removes garbage, and steam cleans or hoses garbage containers
- Distributes supplies, utensils, and portable equipment
- Assists Pantry and Kitchen associates as needed
- Responsible for the proper preparation and presentation of all menu items
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements
- Date all food containers and rotate food correctly
- Practice safety standards at all times
- Work closely with the cooks to ensure proper preparation, stocking, sanitation, and presentation required by management
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders
- Bakes bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry
- Washes, peels, cut, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use
- Must be available for regularly scheduled work
- Knowledge of the Indiana Gaming regulations as well as Tropicana internal controls, policies and procedures
- Follows the Thoughtful Service model at all times
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school or equivilant; or one year related culinary experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be at least at least 18 years old.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be able to obtain an Indiana Gaming Commission License. ServSafe Certification
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide and work with measurement.