Tropicana Entertainment Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tap House Prep Cook
at Tropicana Entertainment Inc.
Job Summary: Assists workers engaged in preparing foods for hotels, restaurants, or ready-to-serve packages by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions:
- § Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds vegetables and fruits
- § Cleans, cuts, and grinds meats, poultry, and seafood
- § Dips food items in crumbs, flour, and batter to bread them
- § Stirs and strains soups and sauces
- § Weighs and measures designated ingredients
- § Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator
- § Stores foods in designated areas
- § Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils, segregates and removes garbage, and steam cleans or hoses garbage containers
- § Distributes supplies, utensils, and portable equipment
- § Works with slicing machine, food processors, buffalo chopper and other standard equipment
- § Fills in for the Kitchen Runner when necessary
- § Responsible for the sanitation and stocking of designated areas
- § Knowledgeable of the Indiana Gaming regulations as well as Tropicana Evansville's internal controls, policies and procedures
- § Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs; and be able to push, pull, grasp, reach, stoop, bend, twist and climb up and down stairs
- § Must be able to understand and communicate in English
- § Must be able to work in an environment with second hand smoke and loud noises
- § Must be able to work a variety of hours, holidays and weekends
- § May be required to perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Service Standards: Providing a thoughtful greeting, thoughtful interaction, and thoughtful closing with internal and external guests.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Access to Gaming Facility:
Access to Sensitive Materials: