Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Operational Intelligence Specialist
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Workdays Available
- Friday, Monday, Saturday, Saturday - Sunday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Overnight
Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients’ success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions…Allied Universal is there for you.
Currently, we are hiring Part Time Operational Intelligence Specialists to work in the Operational Intelligence Center. This position is responsible for providing customer service and monitoring video surveillance for multiple retail centers throughout the enterprise from a centralized location. In addition, this position is responsible for supporting several levels of retail centers operations, including but not limited to security services, maintenance assistance, tenant and customer assistance, monitoring closed-circuit television, responsible for reviewing video alerts, dispatching security personnel, assisting with real-time emergency situation management, and responding appropriately to the assigned retail centers or corporate management. These Part Time Operational Intelligence Specialists work various shifts as needed to cover staffing shortfalls.
Additional responsibilities of the OIC Specialist position include, but not limited to the following:
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone and radio calls
- Communicate effectively with various callers to obtain complete information to determine necessary level of service to include the need to dispatch police, fire, medical, security or local property management
- Communicate effectively with on-site security personnel to properly resolve incidents
- Provide pre-arrival emergency or medical instructions to local law enforcement or fire personnel
- Monitor fire/life/safety alarms to determine necessary level of response
- Escalate and coordinate incidents to the Operational Intelligence Center Supervisor
- Effectively interpret multiple retail center leases, site maps, and computer aided design maps
- To be conversant with the layout of multiple retail centers and be aware of the current threats and challenges the centers are facing
- Maintain the confidentiality of policy and procedure documentation, emergency response and notification information, and administrative and database materials
- Become proficient with several computer applications to properly log data, navigate information, and best support customers and security personnel
- To be conversant with emergency procedures and evacuation procedures for multiple assigned retail centers
- To identify suspicious criminal activity and ensure an effective response from local law enforcement, retail center personnel, and/or corporate management
- Operate and monitor internal and external surveillance cameras and state of the art surveillance programs for multiple retail centers
- Ensure all components of the Operational Intelligence Center surveillance equipment are operating according to expected standards and protocols
- Support and assist in record management and data collection for multiple retail centers or corporate management which involves recorded video
- Maintain an effective video management system in accordance with expected standards and protocols. Effectively maneuver multiple surveillance cameras to obtain a better understanding of a situation, document events and assist with investigation regarding suspicious activity, property damage, acts of violence, etc.
- Must complete required monthly training in a timely fashion
- Must successfully pass the new hire training program
Qualified applicants for the OIC Specialist position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- Must have the ability to various shifts as needed
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required. College degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a public or private safety organization; minimum two years in a video surveillance environment or any combination of experience and/or training which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this position
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle, and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Must be highly organized
- Self-motivated to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have the ability to perform regular equipment checks and report all equipment failures to Operational Intelligence Center Supervisor
- Must have the ability to effectively operate highly technical monitoring equipment as well as the ability to manage information and technical security programs
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions, and materials in strictest confidence.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to define problems, establish facts, and able to determine the appropriate persons in a decision making process. Must be able to maintain a calm, professional, and courteous composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
- Must have excellent verbal and written command of the English language including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Must be able to proficiently type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Ability to work specified shifts in a command center environment in order to maintain 24 hours and 7 days a week operations.
- Ability to pass CritiCall pre-employment assessment.
- Ability to pass Emergency Telecommunication Course.
- Ability to pass a post-offer/pre-employment background check and drug and alcohol screening.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.