Witham Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Witham Health Services
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1777
Categories: Healthcare - Lab/Hematology/Pathology
Full Time - Hourly
Work Hours: Varies
Witham has been named a Top Work Place in Central Indiana by the Indianapolis Star and a Platinum Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association. We have served Boone County and the surrounding communities for over 100 years. Witham offers a robust benefit package including a retirement plan with a company match, health and life insurance, and PTO. Competitive wages are based on experience.
Job SummaryPerforms Order Entry, reviews Physician orders for Medical Necessity, signatures, completion, diagnosis codes, faxing information and appropriate physician notification information to include faxing information pre and post specimen collection (Audit Trail). This position will also include, but is not limited to: greeting patients, assisting with assigning and organizing phlebotomy draws, monitoring patient traffic, maintaining audit trails and capture correct information for accurate and timely billing. The position is the premier customer liaison for the Laboratory and requires excellent customer service. Collects specimens from patients, maintains laboratory requisition and result records, and insures efficient operation of daily laboratory office.
Minimum Education/License/Certification Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two-three years of Laboratory experience preferred.
- Previous phlebotomy experience and or training required.
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred.
- A working knowledge of Medical Necessity, Local Medical Review Policies, Diagnosis / ICD-9 -10 Coding preferred.
- Experience with Laboratory Order Entry systems preferred.
- A valid Indiana driver’s license is necessary.